HCR Home Care’s clinical specialists, home health aides, and coordinators work closely with primary care physicians, other care providers, and family members to form a continuum-of-care focusing on the health and wellness of the patient. Refer your patients to home care whenever you believe they can benefit from evidence-based home health care with excellent outcomes. Learn more about our programs and services by viewing our comprehensive guide: A Look Into Care at HCR.
Referral Conditions for Home Health Care Services:
- A newly-diagnosed, change, or decline in condition
- Medication management needs
- Unsteady gait, falls, or fractures
- Acute or chronic pain management
- Weight loss or nutritional issues
- Mental status changes or depression
- Urinary tract infections or incontinence
- Teaching needs (e.g. disease process, injections, IV therapy, etc.)
- Therapy needs – physical, occupational, nutritional, and speech
- Joint replacement recovery and therapy
- Unhealed wounds requiring management
- Telehealth monitoring
- Frequent hospitalizations or emergency room use
- Caregiver issues
Are Costs Covered By Insurance?
Coverage is based on each individual case and a nursing assessment can determine coverage, but Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance plans are accepted. All plans (with the exception of Medicaid) follow the homebound status rule. To determine eligibility, refer your patient for a home care assessment today! There is NO three-day prior hospitalization required for home care services provided under Medicare.
HCR Now Offers Provider Link!
Provider Link gives physicians and staff secure online access to real-time information about the patients they've referred to HCR Home Care.
- Review home care orders: Approve, decline and sign home care orders. Make notes for changes to home care plans.
- View patient's entire home care episode: View patient's vital stats and charts, diagnoses, medications, wound histories, and outcomes.
- Secure, confidential, HIPAA-compliant: Provider Link creates a secure and confidential HIPAA-compliant environment that is so simple to use, even tech-wary users can see its utility.
- Free! Provider Link comes at no cost to you!
Home Care Benefits
- Decreases hospital re-admissions
- Increases patient self-care management
- Decreases office visits and phone calls
- Improves clinical outcomes of the patient
- Provides caregiver relief
- Increases early identification of disease exacerbation