HCR’s Medical Social Workers (MSW), including Geriatric Care Managers, assist with referrals to available resources and help you and your caregivers navigate the often complicated health care system. Our social workers can help you with:
- Help you better understand your loved one’s personal and medical needs
- Identify and recommend appropriate services and programs regarding financial, legal, or medical issues
- Provide guidance on long term planning, housing options, and alternative types of care
- Offer consumer education and advocacy
- Consult on costs and coverage associated with insurance options
- Serve as a liaison for family members who live far away from their parent or loved ones
Researching what services your loved one needs, how to implement them, and what payment options are available can be daunting. HCR’s Geriatric Care Managers are medical social workers that specialize in senior home health care.
"Dear Lauren and all the beautiful people at HCR...I want to say thank you so much for all you did. You were so caring and patient. [I] will never forget you. [I] love each of you and will certainly recommend you highly."~ Ilene S.